I felt something vibrating in the back pocket of my jeans. I took my phone out, it was Jessica.
'Hello?'
'Karen!'
'Hai,'
'Hey, concert's in two days. You're picking me up this Friday right?'
'I guess so, yeah. Concert's on Saturday?'
'Yes!'
'Okay then!'
'Hey, I have to go. I'm at school.'
'Oh. Wait, why?'
'Rehearsing for a school play. I play Juliet and Logan's Romeo. I hope you're not jealous or something but he's my new boyfriend now.'
'Wait, what?!'
'Bye!' She hung up. I couldn't say a thing. I flipped my phone back and walked in the house with complete confusion.
'What?' Zack asked.
'Uh. Jess,'
'Jess...'
'Logan and, and Jess.'
'Uh,'
'D-d-dating.'
'Kidding?'
'No. At all.'
'Weird...'
'Uh-huh.'
'Well look on the bright side, he's never gonna bother you again.'
'I guess. But,'
'Yeah, I know. I feel the slight shiver too.'
I nodded and walked to Zack. We walked to the kitchen and saw a little mountain of cookies on a counter. Zack's mom wasn't there. Oh well. We both took a cookie. Zack's phone rang.
'Zack,'
'Hey bruh,'
'Oh, Derek, hey.'
'Hey, can I come over?'
'Uh, hold on.' He turned to me. 'Would you mind if my friend comes over?'
'Uh, sure I guess.'
'Yea sure, you can.'
'Great. Be over in a bit. Later,'
'Later bruh.'
'My friend Derek will be here. You're okay right? I mean, he might get a little weird sometimes.'
'I guess not, okay.'
'Hey, you have something on your shirt,' Zack pointed on my shirt.
'Where? Hey!' I yelled. When I looked down Zack lifted his finger to push my nose up. 'Oh no you didn't. I went to a counter and took some left over icing we used to make cake the day before. I squirted some on his shirt.
'Hey!' He took a cookie and tried to run to catch me. I ran away from him. He threw the cookie at me and it hit my back. I looked back and squirted some. I bumped Zack's friend that just entered the house.
He looked annoyed, then he looked at me. 'Oh, hey.' He said in a flirty voice. 'Who's this pretty lady? Your sister?'
'What? She's Karen. My girrrlfriend.' Zack made hand gestures. I stepped away and mouthed a sorry at him.
'You, have a girlfriend?!'
'I think she's visible enough,' he waved his hand in front of me.
'Oh, well then,' Derek turned at me, 'you know, Zack can be a little, pfft, naughty.' He did a wink at Zack, I pushed him away from me softly.
'I can handle it,' I told him giving him a cute, smart, awkward look. All together like that.
'Well, whatever. I was just warning you. But, whenever he's starting to be weird at you, just dial the letter Y, he put me on speed dial.' Another wink. He walked to Zack and patted him on the back. I looked back at Zack, "I don't know." he mouthed. I laughed a little and stepped back to Zack.
'What are you gonna do here?' Derek rubbed the tip of his nose, I gave a look at him but then my phone rang. It was an unknown number. But I picked it up anyways.
'Hello,'
'KAREN!' It was a familiar voice, but I couldn't recall.
'What, who is this?'
'This is Alexa! What did you do to my boyfriend?!'
'What the hell. What do you mean your boyfriend? Logan?'
'Yes Logan you skank!'
'Excuse me, HOW AM I THE SKANK?' I raised my volume. By the time I said the "S word", Zack and Derek looked at me confused. I mouthed a sorry at them.
'What did you do to my boyfriend?!' I can hear her also raising her volume.
'Well I was never with him for your information!'
'Yes you were! You were crazy of him!'
'I was Alexa!'
'No, you poisoned him using your best friend of yours!'
'Jessica?! It's her and Logan's relay [relationship]! What does it have to do with me?!'
'Karen, do you remember that day, when you were in the mall and Logan was chasing you?'
'What about it?'
'Well, never mind I forgot what I was gonna say, but Karen stop poisoning his mind! I still love him okay! Leave him a--'
'Excuse me Alexa, I never did bothered him okay! He was the one who was asking me to start over!'
'Stop talking to him!'
'What the hell!'
'What's wrong?' Zack whispered to me. I put the call on loudspeaker without Alexis knowing.
'Alexa, sweetie,' I started soft.
'What bitch?' I got offended.
'I NEVER STOLE YOUR BOYFRIEND OKAY. AND YOU GUYS BROKE UP SO WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO WITH THIS? YOU BROKE HIS HEART YOU LOST. STOP CRYING FOR YOUR OWN CHOICE.'
'I still love him okay! Even if we did break up! I want him back and I want you to take away that friend of yours off Logan!'
'Alexa cry me a river, build a bridge and get the hell over it!' I hung up. 'Drama.' Derek looked at me with an impressed look, 'what?'.
'I am impressed, you can really bitch at someone.' Derek said fanning himself with his hand.
'Leave her alone,' Zack told Derek. I dialed Logan's number, a flame of anger burned in me.
'Hello?' a sleepy voice said.
'Logan?'
'Whazzup,'
'What did you tell Alexa?'
'Huh?'
'She called me and went bitching at me to not talk to you anymore,'
'What the hell,'
'What?'
'I never told her anything!'
'I wished it was that easy to believe that but it isn't. Tell me the truth,'
'I swear I never told her anything!'
'Ugh, seriously?' I sighed.
'Would I lie too you?' And this happened to be the stupidest question ever.
'What the hell,'
'I mean, yea seriously.' His voice toughened.
'Ugh whatever. Bye thanks.' I hung up. I slid my hand through my hair. I shook my head.
'What's wrong?'
'Alexis, you know, Logan's immature ex, she was telling me to stay away from Logan. If you think of it, it's Logan who can't stay away from me.'
'If you need any help in beating up, me and Zack are here sweetie,' Derek gave me a flirty look.
'Yeah, we're here.' Zack said with hesitation. I just laughed a little at their trying-to-help-and-be-cute looks.
'So much dramaaa.' I held the A in drama. Urgh when will this stop. At least for one more week Alexis is gonna keep calling me.
'So, what are we gonna do now?' asked Derek.
'Now with no midgets around, wanna get out see a movie or something?' Zack said. I checked the clock of my phone. Exactly 4:15. I have time.
'Sure, whatcha wanna watch?' Asked Derek.
'Wanna go out of town?' Asked Zack with a cheeky face.
'I'm in. Karen?'
'Sure.'
'To the car!' Derek said.
'It's cool if you sit in the back right Derek?' asked Zack.
'Wha, what? I mean, yes. I am a man. I will.' Derek straighted his back and opened the door and sat in with a sad face? It looks as if. Jeez. I know it's only a joke though. Zack opened the door for me.
'Thanks Derek,' I said.
'No problem sweet,'
'Stop with the flirts, thanks.' I said. Derek got red. Zack pointed at his face and laughed. Just when he was about to start the car, his mom came out the house yelling.
'ZACHARY, DO NOT GO OUT OF TOWN!' Me and Derek laughed. I just knew his name was Zachary.
'Yes mom. I'll go see a movie and get ice cream or something. Bye.' He stepped on the pedal and got moving. I can see his mom yelling at him from the front yard of the house.
'Dude, your name is Zachary? I just knew.' I told him.
'Yeah, Zachariah actually. Mom calls me Zachary for short when she's mad. I like Zack better. Zachariah or Zachary makes me sound like a church boy.'
'True dat,' Derek laughed. 'Where to?'
'What do you want?'
'What about that coffee shop. The one we would trash down.'
'Seriously? I don't think the guy would even let us in,'
'Smart,' Derek paused. 'OMG,'
'Talk,'
'Are you thinking what I'm thinking?' Then Derek started singing a song in da-da-da's.
'BARNEY'S?!' Zack yelled happily.
'BARNEY'S GELATO! GELATISSIMO! MUAH!' They said and did hand gestures at the same time. All I could do was laugh.
'Let's gooo!' Derek yelled. Half way, there was traffic. We got really bored, I turned up the volume of the radio.
'Don't you have CD's in here?'
'I got this car two weeks ago, I keep forgetting to put in CD's. In the mean time, we're gonna have to listen to this.' He turned up the volume again and the radio played a song by the Bee Gees or whatever. All of us yelled 'Ew' really loud and Derek turned off the radio like a ninja. We were stuck in the traffic. Five minutes...ten minutes... 'Hey Derek,'
'What,'
'I can make you say blue.'
'Prove it.'
'What color is this car?'
'Black.'
'What color is my shirt?'
'White.'
'Hah! I told you I can make you say white!'
'You told me that you can't make me say blue,' Derek paused. 'Oh.'
'HAHA! I made you say blue!' Me and Zack laughed.
'That is so not funny,' Derek objected.
'Prove it, she's laughing.'
'Not cool, Zack.'
'Whatever Derek.'
'Zachariah!' Derek yelled. I started laughing pretty hard.
'The name's not funny!'
'Prove it she's laughing!' Derek laughed. Zack took a look at me, I tried to hold my laugh but I couldn't so I burst out laughing. 'You just choke on your own alibi.'
'That's from Mr. Brightside! Not creative!' Zack yelled and banged his hands on the steering wheel.
'Hey. This is a free country. I can do whatever I want!' Derek yelled.
'Well,' Zack paused. 'There!' He slapped Derek's head.
'Hey!'
'It's a free country I can do whatever I want!' Zack said imitating Derek.
'FINE!' Derek said in a sissy voice. He threw himself on the car seat and folded as if he's only eight years old. 'Zack give me your iPod.'
'Why?'
'Because it's a free country. Now gimme it.'
'Fine.' Zack lifted himself a bit to take an iPod Touch out of his back pocket.
'Thank you sir,' Derek said. Loud, high-pitched songs started playing from the iPod.
'What the hell? That music, what are you playing?' I asked and turned my head back.
'Oven Break!'
'Oh, that gingerbread thing.' I said stretching my neck.
'He's been playing that game for two years, yet he never accomplished.' Zack told me. Derek grew red.
'Whoa. I did it the first time I tried.' I said.
'Show off.' Derek said.
'No, you just suck.' I told him. Zack laughed a little. Derek grew even redder.
'Well forgive me for being the worst Oven Break player.'
'Forgiven way before you thought I would,' I winked at him.
'You mean three seconds ago?'
'Pretty much, yeah.'
'Well apology accepted.'
The car grew silent. We weren't moving forward. There was a massive traffic jam. We don't know why. We sat there, moving half a meter per thirty minutes. Sucks like that.
'Zack,' Derek said.
'What.'
'This might be the most inappropriate time to say this but,'
'What?'
'I need to pee.' Derek said. Me and Zack burst out laughing.
'There's a gas station there if you'd like. You can walk there. I think we're gonna be here for another two weeks or something.'
'Okay then. Bee, arh, bee.' Derek tried opening the door but Zack left it locked. He flicked the switch, 'nice try you little smartass.' He ran out the door to the gas station. I laughed.
'So you guys are best friends,' I asked.
'Yeah, pretty much.'
'And you guys are normally like this?'
'Yeah.' Zack gave a chuckle. 'Ugh how long do you think we're gonna be here?!'
'I don't know you tell me,' I said. We noticed Derek ran towards the car as if there was something bad happening. He banged on the windows since Zack left the doors locked. He opened the window slightly.
'I think you're banging the wrong car sir,' he said.
'There was an accident! I swear I'm not lying. The woman kinda looked like your aunt.' Derek said. How he said it made Zack very suspicious.
'Tell you what,' he unlocked the door, 'I'm gonna see this thing and you sit where I'm sitting just in case there's a chance of moving. Karen you coming?' I nodded my head at him. We went out the car and Derek sat on the driver's seat and me and Zack rushed to see the incident. A horror look grew on Zack's face, I took another look at the victims, I noticed Jay being carried out the shattered car. 'Oh my God.' Zack ran to the group of policemen.
'Zack,' I said. I followed Zack from behind and gave him a hug.
'Officer, I'm the cousin of the victim, can you take me to their mom?' Zack said in an unpleasant tone. The officer pointed to an ambulance. Zack's aunt was standing in the car holding her almost-lifeless daughter's hand. It was visible enough that tears were streaming down her cheeks. 'Aunt Laura!' Zack yelled. He took my hand and fast-walked to her.
'Zack,' she gave him a hug.
'What happened?' Zack asked. This time completely worried.
'I don't know, Fera was complaining about how she's grounded and I got so stressed of her rubbing it on me so hard and I messed up and boom! This...' tears started running down her pale cheek. 'I'm such a fail,' she started crying again, and this time harder. I wasn't surprised that Fera caused this.
'Where's James?'
'James is okay. In fact, it's a miracle he didn't get a bruise. But Fera, look, she's unconscious.'
The location where the accident happened was cleared and cars started moving smoothly again. I noticed Derek was driving the car towards us. He said "Come on" from the inside of the car.
'Aunt Laura, I have to go. Hope all of this ends well.' He gave her a hug, 'love you.' He put an arm around me and we walked back to the car.
'Love you too,' Aunt Laura's voice was fading. Zack switched seats with Derek. Derek sat in the back and I sat in the front.
'I'm so sorry bruh,' Derek said trying to comfort him.
'Heh, yeah. Not surprised Fera caused it.'
'She did?'
'Yeah. Her mom grounded her and Fera was complaining and that happened.'
'It's about time she got grounded. Why?'
'You see that bandage around Karen's arm?'
'Whoa, serious?'
'Yeah. Friking used scissors and cut Karen's and James'.'
'James too?!'
'Yeah. I wish the kid would die or something.'
'That's not nice,' I cut.
'Hey, you hate her too.'
'True, true.' I said.
===TO BE CONTINUED===
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment