We went barging in a coffee shop since it was raining pretty hard after what we saw in the street. I guess I have half an ounce of feelings for Fera. I mean, I guess she just wants attention? Gah, what am I thinking. She's gonna have a hard time getting a boyfriend later--, 'what? Sorry.' I turned my head towards Zack. Conversations with the thoughts in my head.
'I said, what do you want? I'm paying,' he smiled at me.
'No, no it's fine, I'll pay. Caramel Latte please,' I took out some money out of my pocket but Zack stopped my hand from putting the money down on the counter.
'Chill. I'll pay.' Zack placed his money on the counter.
'Can you pay for me too?' Derek did a puppy face thing and stared at Zack.
'Okay fine.' Zack said, he sounded hopeless.
'Yay! I love you!' Derek said. Zack gave him an awkward stare at him and pushed Derek away from trying to give him a hug. 'No homo?' Zack just whacked his head and took the change. We sat somewhere in the back of the coffee shop.
'You goin' to our school Karen?' Derek mumbled.
'Yeah,'
'What grade are you in?'
'Ninth.'
'Oh, so you're dating a senior?'
'Why are you asking me this?'
'Lay it off Derek she's mine.'
'Okay jeez.'
'Caramel latte, vanilla frappuccino and green tea frappuccino!' Yelled the lady.
'I'll get it,' Zack said.
'No, no. I'll get it. And leave you two,' he raised his hands and quoted, 'alone.'. He walked away. Zack turned to me.
'Do you think you'll be okay in Green?'
'What's a Green?'
'Greenwick. My school.'
'Oh. Well, you tell me. How are the people there?'
'The place is a little too well organized. I guess the principal watched Bratz 4 Real and got inspired or something. I mean, the nerds are always with the nerds, jocks and cheerleaders go together, musicians, and like, you mention it, there's always a group for it.'
'Emos?'
'Yeah. There are.'
'Which do you think I would fit in?'
'I don't know. Do you sing?'
'A little.'
'Aww, you do?'
'A little secret of mine,'
'Well I'm keeping it.' Zack gave me a smile. 'What else do you do?'
'I wasn't really that big in my old school. I mean, A+'s on my math and science but--'
'Ooooh, a geek eh?'
'No! I wasn't done. I did cheer-leading but I quit,'
'Aww, why?'
'Because the girls were total whores.'
'Oh my God,' Zack laughed a little.
'And I play piano and guitar.'
'That's pretty impressive.'
'He-he. What about you?'
'I do drums, bass, guitar, sing, a little piano and I'm actually part of the town's hockey team.'
'You serious? That's cool. And I never knew you could sing.'
'Well you do now.' Zack smiled. Our heads went closer and we heard a clap.
'Cool,' clapped Derek.
''Kay what the hell Derek?' Zack said. I just laughed.
'Naw, don't worry.' Derek said handing Zack his drink and then mine. 'Why are you so, depressed lately?'
'Do I sound depressed?' Zack asked sipping his drink.
'Um, yeah you do actually.' Derek said.
'Do I Karen?'
'Kinda, I mean how you talk to Derek is like, not your Gung Ho thing.'
'Oh really. I guess it's just my aunt. I mean, even if I hate her little midgets I still have feelings for her.'
'You have feelings? Since when?' Derek teased.
'Derek. Not the best timing.' I said.
'I mean, go on.' Derek said.
'I guess I'm just worried. That's all.'
'So, what are you Karen?' Derek asked me.
'Huh?'
'I heard Zack told you about the thing in school.'
'Oh, that. I think I'm more into music but I might join the cheerleading.'
'Oooh, cheerleader eh?'
'Big deal Derek.' I said sipping my drink.
'So you know you're gonna have to make up your mind. You can't be two at once.'
'Seriously? That isn't fun.'
'Wait, then I'm a jock, and a musician. That's possible?' Said Zack.
'Dude no. It's like, against the rules.'
'School has rules? Oh my God since when?'
'What?' I got confused.
'Our school is like real messed up. There's always chaos going on every day. And like, a food fight happens every Thursday 'cause usually the jocks fight after practice 'till the end of school. So every Thursday, bring extra clothes. You're gonna need it.'
'Word. And like, you have to accept the environment there or you're gonna be beaten alive. Even if you're a girl. But there are better chances when you're dating a senior. It's like, you get more protection. But it depends on the guy. Since Zack's part jock he'll be able to scare your grade but if he's some nerd always talking about dinosaurs, yeah you'll have to be drained embarrassment.' Derek said.
'Whoa, o-kay. That sounds way different from my old school. I don't know what am I gonna be there.' I gave out a worried tone from my words.
'Don't worry.' Zack wrapped his arm around me.
'God, how could you guys drink cold stuff in a weather like this?'
'It's our thing? I don't know.' Derek said. I noticed Alexa standing by the counter. She saw me but didn't realize it was me. Then she realized so she looked back at me and gave me a disgusted look. I never stole Logan away from her. There was another girl beside her. I also noticed it was one of the girls from the cheerleading squad. Alexa tapped the other girls shoulder and whispered to her and glared at me and the same time. The other girl looked at me and looked disgusted too. They walked torwards my table and scoffed.
'Why are you here?' Alexa said.
'What? You run this town now?' I said.
'You're not spying on me aren't you?'
I scoffed. 'YOU'RE not spying on me aren't you? Why the hell are you here anyways?'
'It's called a family gathering. And I'm also moving here.' Alexa said. WHAT? Oh my God I can't believe it. 'What school are you going too? Some cheap public school?'
'Don't talk to her like that.' Zack stood up.
'And who are you? Her bodyguard?'
'I'm her boyfriend and leave her alone.'
'Derek? Why are you here?'
'Derek. You know her? I said.
'Ye-yeah. She's my brother's ex.'
'Well, I have to go now. My new house won't wait forever. And if you're moving to Greenwick, Karen,' Alexa gave me a pissed look since I was on my phone the whole time, 'Karen! I'm talking to you!'
'What is it, my queen?'
Alexa scoffed. 'If you're also going to Greenwick, I swear we're gonna have a lot of fun. Now ta-ta. I have to go. Bye bitch.'
'Hey! You don't talk to her like that!' Zack stood up.
'What?! What are you gonna do about it? I mean, I called her a bitch for stealing my boyfriend away from me!'
'I did not you anorexic pig! You were a total whore anyway! Logan didn't want you anymore remember that! And get over it! You got your chance and you blew it!'
'Fine. You win this round. But just remember, it's not over yet. Come on Dana.' Alexis and the other girl turned around, took their coffee and walked out.
'God. This is gonna be a school full of drama. Especially when Alexis isn't over with the Logan issue.' I threw my head back and exhaled.
'What really happened between you?' Derek asked. I raised my head back up and tucked some of my hair behind my ear.
'So Alexa is the popular girl. She's miss perfect. Her boyfriend was popular and one of the best football played in the school, spoiled rich daddy's girl, so many friends worshiping her name, and every time someone goes against her there is always the defender. And that was Logan, her, ex, boyfriend, and like, ten other people. Because of all that she became such a snob. She like, controlled everyone with her popularity. I wasn't counted as popular. I wasn't her follower too. I'm always with my best friend and yeah, I had a crush on her boyfriend. One day, my mom and his mom went to meet up and I knew he was coming so I dressed up differently. More skin and less jeans. Slutty, I know. But I really liked him. So like everything went well and he didn't talk about Alexa. But somehow Alexa found out about that and she got really pissed at me. And whenever I just wanted to say hi to Logan, she'd be there and try to be cute in front of him.' I took a sip. 'And like one day they broke up and Alexa blamed it all on me. She thinks that Logan going out with me as friends only is what caused the relationship to end. And I guess she really loved Logan.' I paused for a while. Some thoughts were spinning around my head. Rewinding what happened back at the park. I remembered that there was a girl that looked like Dana! 'Oh my God I totally remember now!'
'What?' Derek and Zack said.
'There was a girl watching me and Logan together at the park. He bought ice cream for me and like, I guess she told Alexa that he's cheating on her! That's why she's so pissed at me.'
'Well, what are you gonna do about it then?' Zack said. A long pause happened.
'Survive?'
===TO BE CONTINUED===
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment