Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Love me, Logan #14 Part One

No school today. I just sat there and waited the day to be over. I decided to write my diary.

Dear Diary,
i dont have anything to do today. last night was great. jessica's family is back, she's back and we had fun. im leaving in 2 days. 2 days for me to say good bye to the whole town. well, i guess its good i still have zack. atleast i have him. i hope im going to his school too. now whats in my head is logan. i think i should get over him before i start crying my self to sleep everynight. there are more fish in the sea, they say. and anyways, logan will not want a girl like me. hes popular im not. he dates popular girls like alexa.

I looked up to my ceiling to think about something else to write about. And to get my mind off Logan before I start crying. Suddenly, there was like, a rock that hit my window. I looked outside to find out who threw it. I saw Zack sticking out his tounge and laughing. I smiled. I ran downstairs and rushed my self to the door.

'Zack!' I ran to him and gave him a hug. He gave me a hug. But we looked at eachother and started feeling awkward. 'Uh, sorry,' I said nervously.

'It's fine, I like hugs.' he smiled at me. I smiled at him too.

'So, why are you here?'

'Hey, let's take a walk.' Zack grabbed my hand and we started walking. We're just friends, okay?

'So,' I said. I put my hands in my hoody pocket. We just walked.

'I don't know. I'm leaving from this town this Sunday and--'

'Really? Me too!'

'Aw, really?' Zack was pretty shocked. Everything happened to be a coincidence. I just nodded my head. 'Cool. Maybe I'll take you to my town. You can go in my car--'

'Wait, wait. A car? How old are you?'

'I'm sixteen and I just got it on my birthday.'

'Oh, carry on,' I nodded.

'So, as I was saying, maybe you can go in my car and I'll take you out for a tour?'

'I'll ask dad,' I smiled at him. We kept on walking. Not caring where we'll end up. Just following the side walk.

'So,'

'So,'

'Are you still crushing on that Logan kid?'

'Shut up!' I said looking at him. 'How did you know?'

'I have this ability to read your mind,'

'Funny,' I said sarcastically.

'I know right!'

'I was being sarcastic,' I said waving my hand at his face.

'I know. Psh. I'm not stupid.' he said. I scoffed. 'I read your diary,'

'What?'

'I really read it. Remember when I taught you how to dress emo?'

'Mhmm,'

'When you were changing, I went though your drawer and saw this book. I opened it and saw this drawing. It has a writing Logan--'

'Okay, okay. Too much,'

'Yeah right, you're embarrassed!'

'Well duh! Some guy I met a few weeks ago read through my diary?'

'Hehe,' Zack put his hands in his pockets. We just walked. 'I'll show you this place I go when everything goes wrong.'

'Zack, you live in a city four hours away from here.'

'I know. But I was here for a family gathering. Then I started hating everything. So at night, I usually go to this place and just sit there.'

'Oh,'

'Come on, it's not that far.' Zack pulled my hand and we started running. He took me to this building. He was suddenly all secret agent-ish. Since we weren't supposed to be there. We climbed stairs to the roof top. So, it's just a roof top of a building we aren't supposed to be in. 'Tada,' he spread out his arms.

'This?'

'Yep.' he sat on the edge of the building. 'Sit,'

'No. Oh, my God, you are not making me sit there.'

'What?'

'It, it's so tall and, and-'

'What? You're scared of heights?'

'No, YES!'

'Awww, Karen's scared of heights!' Zacl started teasing me.

'Don't Zack!'

'Fine,' he stood up and took my hand. 'Let's go somewhere else!'

'Ugh,' I grunted.

'Where do you wanna go then?'

'Let's go to my house. I have a tree house.'

'You still own a tree house?'

'I built it when I was eleven. It was Kyle's idea.'

'Okay then. Tell you what, my hotel's near and my dad brought his Harley for some reason. Let's ride it!' Zack said. His voice makes him sound so desperate to ride it.

'Okay then,'

We went down and walked to his hotel. It was 4 P.M. already. When we reached the hotel, I noticed where he's staying was the Ritz Carlton.

'Zack, this hotel.'

'What?'

'Well, is there something you're not telling me?'

'What?'

'You're rich!'

'Huh?'

'Well, the Harley, the hotel--' Zack placed his finger on my lips.

'Shh. Just between us.'

'Okay,' I whispered and nodded. We went inside the hotel. In the lift and to his room. Zack knocked at the door. His mom opened it for us.

'Karen! Hi!' said his mom.

'Hi,' I said and she gave me a hug.

'Hey mom, can I borrow the Harley?'

'Zack, why?'

'I'm going to Karen's house and instead of walking, you know,'

'Well, fine. The keys are on the table. Just make sure you drive safely.

'Yea, yea.' Zack took the keys and gave his mom a kiss on the cheek. 'Okay, later.'

'Bye,' I said.

'Good bye! Have fun!' said his mom in the 'mommy spirit'. We went to the parking lot and needed time to find where the Harley is. When Zack spotted it, we ran to it.

'You do know how to drive this, right?' I asked.

'Duh. If I don't then why am I taking you here?' Zack sat on the bike.

'Good. I wanna stay in one piece, thank you.' I went on the bike.

'Yes, ma'am.' Zack rolled his eyes. He started the engine. He drove pretty fast. 'I love speeding, so all you need to do there is pray we won't die and hold on tight.' I did what he said. He started going fast. I stared at some building we're passing fast. It only took us fifteen minutes for us to get to my house. And it took us forever to go there. But we had fun. 'Here we are.' he turned off the engine and we both got off.

'Park your bike in my garage. Just incase.' I said. Zack nodded and we walked to the back. He brought his bike and parked it in the garage. My dad was there doing his car. 'Dad, can Zack park his bike here?'

'Hi Zack. Sure,' he said. Zack parked his bike.

'Okay, now to my fantasy world.' I said. Zack laughed a little. We went up to our tree house and we just sat there. We leaned on the wall, sitting next to eachother. Yeah, I feel the vibes. I'm getting over Logan.

'Logan, huh?'

'Shut up, I'm getting over him.'

'Awww, who do you like now?'

'I'll tell you if you tell me.'

'Fine. You first,' he said. I took a piece of paper and two pencils. I ripped the paper in two.

'Write it here. We'll exchange it.'

'Whatever you say,'

We wrote down our crush on the paper, and took a deep breathe.

'Ready?'

'Yeah,'

We exchanged the paper slowly. I read his, and it wrote YOU , I stared at his bad hand writing and felt the pressure he put on the paper.

'Is this true?' he asked and showed the paper to me.

'Yeah,' I said nervously but with a smile.

'Karen, would you be my girlfriend?'

'Yeah,' I nodded cheerfully. We stared at eachother. We leaned closer, closer, and closer. He placed his lips on mine. My first kiss. He let go and stared at me. He smiled. Suddenly, his phone rang.

'Hello?'

'Zack, honey, go home please. A friend of mine is taking us out for dinner.'

'Okay, bye.' Zack flipped his phone and put it in his pocket.

'Who was that?'

'My mom, I have to go. Her friend is taking my family out for dinner.'

'Aw, well, okay.' We went down from the tree house. He took his bike and I walked with him to my front yard. He went on his bike and started the engine.

'Bye,' he said and kissed my lips again.

'Bye,' I smiled at him. He gassed and started fading away from my sight.

'Karen!' a sound called me. I turned and I saw Logan.

'Logan?'

'Karen!'

'Hi?'

'Hey,'

'Why are you here?'

'I was going to ask you.'

'Oh. Okay,'

'Karen, I've been hearing that you liked me, and --'

'No, well--'

'No, listen, and after all these days, I just realized you really did,'

'No, Logan--'

'So, I was going to ask you, would you be my girlfriend?'

'Logan, I'm moving.'

'Is that a yes?'

'No, Logan wait. I'm moving and I've liked you forever. And nothing happened. Just today, I got over you.'

'I'm confused. Answer me, yes or no.'

'No, Logan, sorry,' I took a deep breath. 'My heart belongs to someone else now,'

'Who?'

'Remember my friend, Zack?'

'Oh, him.'

'And anyways, I don't want distanced relationship --'

'Zack lives here right?'

'No, Logan, he's from the town I'll be in. He's here for holiday.'

'Oh, where are you moving?'

'Fairsville.'

'Oh, well then, okay.'

'I'm sorry,' I held his hand. 'Sorry.' he took his eyes off me and walked away. I didn't say anything. The guy of my dreams I finally got over asked me out. I said no. I jsut stared at him walking away. When I completely lost his sight, I went back in the house.

The day was over. Then, my last day of school.

RIIIIING , school bell.

'Karen!'

'Jessy!'

'How's Logan?'

'Logan? Seriously. I got over him.' Karen blocked my way and put her arms on my shoulders.

'Look at me in the eye and tell me the truth.' I put my arms on hers too.

'Jessica, I got over Logan. The guy of my dreams. I am now going out with--'

'YOU'RE GOING OUT?' Jessica shouted. It got the whole corridor's attention.

'Shh! I am.'

'With who? Girl, why didn't you tell me?'

'I, I don't know.'

'With who?'

'You don't know him. He's my friend.'

'Well, what's his name?'

'Zack.'

'Zack? Last name?'

'I don't know.'

'Wait,' Jessica pulled out her wallet from her bag and took out a picture. 'This Zack?'

'Yeah.'

'KAREN. HE'S MY COUSIN!'

'WHAT?!' I shouted. And got the whole corridor's attention again. We're known for loud people.

'He is. You're going out with my cousin?'

'I guess,'

'Oh well. Since when?'

'Last evening.' I told her everything in class. When it was the end of school, we decided to hang out in a coffee shop we like.

'That's really sweet of you guys. But, like, the awkward part is that he's my cousin. I can't say if he's hot or not,'

'Riiight. He's really cute,'

'He's emo,'

'I know, that's what I like about him.' I sipped my coffee.



===TO BE CONTINUED===

No comments:

Post a Comment